01 November 2010

a month of gratitude

"When a person doesn’t have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity. A person can almost be defined by his or her attitude toward gratitude."
Elie Weisel 


here it is again. the perfect time to reflect on what is important. what makes you happy. focusing on what we should be grateful for.




this guy. my heart. i am over the moon grateful for this guy. one who would "tattoo" a spider web on his head for a giggle (but really wants one!). ever our hero. ever the coolest dad out there. one who...

::spins on his back
::can spit a Beastie Boy rhyme anytime, any place
::is known as Mike Jones
::a reader of books
::eater lover of buffalo wild wings 
::is totally MacGyver...the man can fix anything
::listens to my stories over & OVER again and will still laugh with me 
::wore a mullet wig to the Kindergarten fall festival just to make us smile
::is a reluctant chicken farmer 
::works so extremely hard for us
::loves his mother oh so much...i do love that about him ( and i love that sweet cajun lady too!)
::is a Godly man
::sings along with the radio with me
::indulges me in chick flicks (Julie & Julia, Atonement), shopping for kitchen everything, and even shoe shopping just because he loves me.
::has my heart right there in his hand

Today I am thankful for:
*this space. a place where i can share my thoughts and beliefs. my hopes and dreams. my successes and failure.
*friends. old and new alike.
*my 3 peeps. i love you boys so.
*this season of my life.
*Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment