- above all else loved
- taught me how to cook
- taught me to garden with an organic hand
- was an example of righteousness
- was articulate
- gave me the gift of education and a love of learning
- taught me how to mother...breastfeeding & cloth diapers when it was NOT the norm, lead with a quiet voice and understanding heart, and be generous.
- loved the past and learned from it
- loved me
09 November 2010
A month of gratitude
The wind is blowing crisp, the birds are chirping, the chickens are clucking away and my mind is instantly drawn to my mother. Oh how grateful I am to have had a mother like Patsy Elizabeth. She was a beautiful southern lady with auburn hair and a sweet spirit, inside and out. I learned something from her every day. That was one of her gifts...educating. She knew a little something about everything and was never stingy with that knowledge. I am better for having had her in my life. Today I am grateful for that because she...