26 May 2010
25 May 2010
24 May 2010
gardening and raising chickens, ducks, children. these are things of the pioneers....of my pioneer heritage. i come from a mother and great grandmother who lived their lives in this tradition. many times my dinners were what was ripe in the garden. my breakfasts of eggs from our own chickens. that garden, that organic garden was a joy to my mother (she was organic & homeopathic when it wasn't cool). thankfully, she passed that to me. i never fully understood what something as simple as a garden and a few hens could mean until now. it is feeding my family. a service of love and devotion from my hands to their souls. it is a relationship with our food. mindful not mindless eating. i think of the passages in Cold Mountain where Inman comes across the lady with the goats. she loved them and they her. she respected them for the sustenance they were. lovingly she milked them and she carefully let the life from them when she needed to eat them. mindful.
21 May 2010
18 May 2010
laundry * couch time with my honey * laughs * burgers & fries * egg delivering * beetle catching *phone conversation with my dad * dreaming of vacations * pondering * smiling * living*
sawyer and his "yoka" poses
the face of a boy who has played his little heart out today
mom: "you are one dirty guy"
sawyer: "yep, it was fun!"
17 May 2010
while all that joy filled my life, there was another mama that had her's taken away. a friend of my jordan was killed in an auto accident friday night. she was a kind, happy 16 year old softball playing junior in high school. in an instant lives where changed forever on a rainy highway on a run of the mill friday night. my heart breaks for them. the pain, the sorrow, that empty lonely feeling you get when you lose part of your heart. i have thought of that mama this weekend. there have been many trips down the hall just to lay eyes on my own peeps and maybe a text or 3 just to say i heart you. i know that mama wishes for just one more chance to do the same. may that mama find peace......may we all.
14 May 2010
12 May 2010
- the weather is fabulous. the sky is beautifully blue with clouds lazily floating by. the breeze is just enough to keep me cool. LOVE this weather.
- spent the morning with kevin and sawyer at the park. sawyer played with his buddies. we visited with one of my bestest besties. and of course we had an awesome picnic. what is better than a picnic??
- we are on the count down till school ends. i am so ready for my guys to be home and the summer to begin.
- homemade popsicles. yum!
- my garden is growing as it should. tomatoes will be ripe in about 2 weeks and my corn is looking awesome!
- summer reading list. that is a post for itself. i LOVE a summer reading list.
- Kevin's 7 day stretches off. we can go on some mini vacays each month of summer. i am thinking a camping trip up north a little in our future!
- my peeps....nothing makes me smile like my guys!
10 May 2010
- inquisitive...always searching for the how, the why.
- creative...in play, in clothing choices, in the arts.
- spiritual...you are a child of God and you know, you love it.
- energetic...where does that energy come from? to be sit back and watch your energy...your enthusiasm is a joy.
- friendly...a friend to all. willing to give that flashy smile and a giggle. forever sharing and up for anything. you are an example to us all.
- individual...you are your own kind of guy and you love that. i love that also. i love that you wear the clothes you like, listen to the music you like, and eat what you like...no matter what others say or think. i love that you are a 5 no 6 year old little guy that asked for bongos, a pair of Toms shoes, and a magnifying glass for your birthday......true to your own self!
I love you my little buddy. Happy birthday.
04 May 2010
*she was an organic gardener with a green thumb
*she had amazing faith in Heavenly Father and never wavered in it
*she LOVED to talk and did as often and as long as possible
*she was devoted to her children and grandchildren.....they were her life
*she was an excellent cook but an amazing baker...a baker of cakes that she gave to others often
*she lead with compassion in all she did
*she was sentimental
*she was a southern belle that kept red polish on her nails and curls in her hair
*she was loved
02 May 2010
jordan & brad
best buds since being born 7 days apart.
again i ask....who gave him permission to grow up?
01 May 2010
this may i hope to::
*whittle down the stack of books on my night table
*sew new pillows for the living room
*reorganize the laundry room closet
*dive deeper into Ephesians
*fill my freezer with dinners for busy nights
*go hiking in the big thicket with my peeps
*have more girl's nights out
*date my fab husband