28 December 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...   is the quiet of night. the stars are shining and there is a crispness in the air.

I am thinking...  of how my home is my haven.
of how i want to be nowhere else in this world.

I am thankful for...  a new day to do better than the day before.

I am wearing...  my absolute favorite black lounge pants, black silk tee, and smart wool socks.

I am remembering...  that I can't be everything to everyone. That I have to just be me.

I am going...  to start preparations for the Spring garden

I am currently reading...  ::In the Company of Others by Jan Karon
&
::Around my French Table by Dorie Greenspan


I am listening to...  Jack Johnson, of course!

I am hoping...  to become a better version of me...
::listen more and speak less
::judge not
::be present in the moment and slow down
::become more frugal

On my mind...  ::this blog and the future of it
::how to set a more peaceful tone in my home

Noticing that...    more and more, little by little, I am finding my true self.


Pondering these words... "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."

~Atticus Finch


From the kitchen...  pork tenderloin, mac & cheese, broccoli, eggnog bread pudding

Around the house...  ::the guest bathroom is getting a little make over
::books are being read
::games are being played
::laughter is abundant

from the school room...  ::spelling words
::reading the classics
::learning to cook

One of my favorite things...  being loved.  


No comments:

Post a Comment