27 December 2010

the day after Christmas

is the best day ever. I love the stillness. I love to watch my peeps with their new treats, having a good time. I love that I don't have to cook...leftovers are my friend!
I hope your Christmas was merry and bright. I hope you it was filled with family, and love and warmth. I know mine was. There was a missing piece or two. Of course, my mother was missed. She oh so loved the holidays. Kevin's mother and step father were missed as well...1st Christmas in 18 years without them. They traveled to visit Carroll's sisters. He was diagnosed with Large Cell Lymphoma a few days before Christmas. Naturally, he needed the arms of his sisters for comfort and support before the chemotherapy starts. So, this Christmas was low key and quiet for us. It was our first to spend with just the 5 of us on Christmas Day. Can I tell you a little secret? We loved it. It was a no fuss day. A all day in your pjs day. A day I will forever cherish.

Right now, my fellas are playing new games and reading new books. Sawyer is tapping away on his typewriter. Many newspapers have been written since Christmas morning. I am devouring my Around My French Table ~Dorie Greenspan. I see pumpkin & gorgonzola flan in our future.

Good night my friends. I hope that you too are soaking up the end of this season and getting ready for the newness that is fast approaching.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment