23 September 2009

what's next?

"Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt

i read that quote this morning and felt the sting of reality and possibly a bit of guilt. that is who i want to be. to some extent that is who i am. i have been working with a friend who is launching a new business. it has been exciting and fun...i am even going to be the first employee. however, that is her dream. what about mine?? i have a dream....to be a librarian. what is standing in my way you ask? FEAR. fear of going back to school. the voice in my head says it is too late for me, that i am far too behind. the math, oh the math! how will i ever get through it? how silly. anticipation is always my downfall. it is time for me to put on my big girl pants as my grandmother geraldine would say. as a treasured friend of mine reminded me, it takes work to grasp the prize. i think i am ready to find out what's next for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment